I very rarely make my oatmeal on the stovetop. To me, oatmeal has always been a quick microwave breakfast before heading out the door to work or school.
I feel like people have this stigma that microwave oatmeal isn’t healthy. Most of the time people automatically think of those little brown packets of instant oats that are loaded with sugar. Well, you don’t have to use instant oats to microwave oatmeal. You can use regular old rolled oats and they can be just as creamy and delicious as those made on the stovetop but in half the time and without the all the added sugar of instant packets.
These microwave oats are made with gluten-free rolled oats then topped with apples and cinnamon before heading into the microwave. The result you ask? Some seriously delicious apple cinnamon oats. To finish it off I add a touch of pure maple syrup and a drizzle of nut butter. Warm apples and oats, cinnamon and maple syrup. That is what I call pure comfort in a bowl. Best part is, it all comes together in about 3 minutes flat.
So ditch the instant oats and make this quick and easy apple cinnamon oatmeal. It is the perfect warm and comforting breakfast on a cold morning that will keep you full and satisfied until lunch!
Apple Cinnamon Oats
- 1/2 cups glunten free rolled oats
- 1 tbs ground flax seed optional
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any other milk or water
- 1/2 small apple diced
- 1/8 tps cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp nut butter optional
- pumpkin seeds for topping optional
- Combine rolled oats, flax seed, almond milk, apple and cinnamon in a microwave safe bow.
- Microwave for two minutes
- Top with nuts, maple syrup and nut butter. Add a splash more of almond milk for an extra creamy consistency and enjoy!