On the weekends I like to take a bit of time to do some meal prepping for lunches during week. This curry chicken salad is one of our favorites. If I plan to have this during the week I will typically make it for lunch on Sunday then pack up the leftovers with some veggies and gluten-free crackers.
This curry chicken salad is made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a lighter version of your average chicken salad. It is a super easy and healthy lunch packed with protein. My husband works long hours so it’s really important for him to have a good lunch that is healthy and filling. This is one of his favorites to take for lunch.
The best part is you can get creative with how you prepare it so it never gets boring. Pile it up over a bed of lettuce, scoop it with cucumbers, peppers or crackers, stuff it into some gluten-free (or not) pita, or maybe wrap it up in a crisp lettuce wrap. The possibilities are endless!
Curry Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breast boiled and diced or shredded
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1-2 carrots shredded
- 1 cup red grapes cut in half (or 1/2 cup raisins)
- 1/3 cup toasted almond slivers optional
For the curry sauce:
- 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs madras curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a pot add the chicken breast and just enough water to submerge the chicken. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium and continue to boil for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Once the chicken is done dice or shred and place into a bowl to cool in the fridge (this can also be done the day before).
- While your chicken is cooling prepare your other ingredients. Dice your onion celery and grapes and shred the carrots. Add to a large bowl along with your slivered almonds. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl combine Greek yogurt, curry powder, mustard and apple cider vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is cooled add it to the large bowl of prepared veggies along with the curry sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Enjoy now or divide in to containers for a healthy and delicious weekday lunch!