The leaves are starting to change, the weather has cooled dramatically and pumpkin spice is EVERYWHERE. It is officially fall and with fall comes all of the best things (in my opinion). It’s finally time for sweaters, boots, apple orchards, pumpkins, soups, stews and all of the delicious spices that make fall foods so warm and comforting.
Ever since the first hints of fall I have been dying to whip up a batch of these Spiced Golden Milk Pancakes. Gluten free and dairy free, these healthy pancakes are contain a beautifully aromatic combination of warming spices, making them perfect for fall, not to mention they are packed with anti-inflammatories.
If you haven’t heard of it before, golden milk is a beverage that uses a blend of spices known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Not only is the blend of spices a great way to add natural anti-inflammatories to your diet but it is also delicious! While it is no pumpkins spice, I would argue it is equally as good and equally perfect for fall!
So move over pumpkins spice—you’ve got some competition!
Now please excuse me while I go put on my favorite flannel and whip up a batch of these pancakes.
A few final notes:
- I add a touch of tapioca starch in the batter because I feel that it helps with the overall texture. Feel free to omit if you are Paleo or Keto. They will still be good, the texture will just be a little different.
- You can use almond flour or almond meal for this recipe, but I typically perfect the almond flour as it tends to be more finely ground.
Gluten Free Golden Milk Spiced Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 3 tbs tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Coat with 1 tsp of coconut oil or butter.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Let cook until the sides start to bubble, then flip. Adjust heat as necessary if they get too brown. Continue until the batter is used up.
- Serve with fresh fruit, toasted nuts and maple syrup. Enjoy!
Save this Image to your Pinterest!