There is nothing better than a classic creamy Caesar dressing, it is the perfect combination of creamy, garlicky, cheesy and peppery. With some crisp Romaine and crunchy croutons, you cant beat it.
While I love caesar, I know that traditional store bought creamy dressings are not always the healthiest choice. So, Io and behold this better for you creamy caesar dressing.
This healthier take on the classic uses Greek yogurt as a base. Packed with protein and low in fat, it not only creates the perfect creamy base but also, adds nutritional value.
With the greek yogurt and fresh lemon you will find this caesar dressing to have a light and refreshing feel while still maintaining a creamy indulgence. This dressing has become such a favorite in our home that we no longer even think of buying the store bought version! It takes just a few minutes to whip up and uses ingredients we typically have on hand. So, when the craving strikes-its an easy decision.
Once you give this dressing a try, I am sure you’ll agree. Delicious, creamy and healthier Caesar dressing—what’s not to love?
A few final notes:
- Anchovies. Now, I know not everyone will love the idea of using anchovies in this dressing. In my opinion the anchovy is what makes this dressing truly taste like a classic caesar. But, if you’re really opposed to it and would like to omit it, you can substitute 2-4 black olives. Also, if you do decide to use anchovies, I recommend buying the anchovies in the jar vs. the little tins. Reese brand makes them in a resealable jar. That way we just keep them handy in the fridge for when we make the next batch.
- We typically use a 2% fat Greek yogurt for this dressing. You can use full fat, 4% or even 0% fat if you would like. I find the 0% fat yogurt to be a bit more sour tasting, but otherwise it will not affect the flavor.
- I use an immersion blender for this dressing. It can be hard to chop the garlic and anchovies small enough so you aren’t getting big chunks. You can try using a regular blender or food processor as well but you may need to thin with a bit more water to get it to blend up well. Immersion blenders are relatively inexpensive and an extremely versatile kitchen tool. If you don’t have one, I would highly recommend, I use mine ALL the time.
Greek Yogurt Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium cloves of garlic
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- In a container like a jar or pyrex glass measuring cup add all ingredients except for 2 tbs of water.
- Using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth (see notes on blog post)
- Depending on how thick you prefer your dressing, add additional 2 tbs of water or more based on preference.
- Serve with salad or top anything you wish and enjoy!
- Store in fridge up to 1 week, you will see some separation when storing, just give it a good stir and it is good to go!
Save this Image to your Pinterest!