I love chicken tenders. I don’t think that I can explain to you how much I love them. I often have cravings that will go days until I make these crispy little oven baked tenders.
As much as I would love some real fried chicken tenders I very much dislike frying things, it’s messy and I always end up burning myself and as delicious as fried chicken is, I try to save that for special occasions and stick with healthier options the majority of the time. So, to satisfy my cravings, I cook up a batch of these healthier oven baked tenders and let me tell you, it does the job!
Now these crispy little tenders are not your average Joe’s. Coated with GF Panko crumbs, almond meal, dried herbs and parmesan, each bite is a crispy flavor explosion in your mouth. Now you can use actual chicken tenders for this recipe or you can use just plain old chicken breast and cut it up into tender sized pieces. In my opinion, just as good that way and easier, since I typically have chicken breast on stock more often than actual chicken tenders, and it’s a bit cheaper.
Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup gluten free Panko or other gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken breast cut into tender sized bites or about 15 oz of chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper
- In a small bowl whisk together two eggs- set aside
- In a large bowl combine breadcrumbs, almond meal, cornstarch, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, parmesan, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the whisked egg then into the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to your prepared pan.
- Optional: For extra crispy tenders drizzle or spray the tenders with a touch of olive oil or butter. They will crisp up a bit on their own because of the oils in the almond meal but for a more golden crust a touch of oil helps.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minute or until crispy.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!