Zucchini is definitely a favorite of mine. With multiple ways to prepare, it never gets old. In the summer my favorite way to prepare zucchini is typically grilled. But this summer, I’ve had a new favorite method of preparation.
Light and refreshing, this raw zucchini and carrot salad will easily become a summer favorite. With just a few ingredients you have a healthy and simple salad ready in no time. Thinly sliced, then marinated with lemon, olive oil and fresh herbs you will be amazed at how flavorful just a few fresh ingredients can be.
Best part is, It only gets better with time. This salad is a great make ahead dish for any occasion. The longer it sits, the better it gets, trust me. So hurry up and grab all the zucchini you can, you’ll want it for this one!
A few final notes:
- The carrots add a nice crunch and a little sweetness to the salad, but feel free to leave out and just use all zucchini. Get creative with it, I have also added diced cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced sweet onion.
- I typically use a combination of dill, mint and parsley for the herbs. But use whatever you have on hand, you can try different combinations or use just one.
Raw Zucchini and Carrot Salad
- 2 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 summer squash thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dill minced
- 1 tbs parsley minced
- 1 tbs mint minced
- Use a peeler or spiralizer to thinly slice the zucchini, squash, and carrots thin into ribbons.
- In a large bowl, toss together zucchini, squash, carrots, lemon juice, olive oil, and minced herbs together until mixed well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Taste again before serving and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Save this Image to your Pinterest!